Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
S600L W221 Facelift.
Hi, I got permission to convert the S600L car from GTA4 to here, But I'm having problems converting the 3d model from gta4 to .mox, so any help is appreciated, thanks.
Link to car: http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-iv/gta...s600l.html
Antworten
The 3D model has 128.000 polygons, so it can't be directly imported.
It's well known that the MTkit polycount limit is 65.000.
Antworten
Thank you for the info, is there any way to reduce polygons count without affecting the model?
Antworten
Yes, you need some good modeling skills and knowledge of the 3D "structure", there aren't easy and quick workarounds.
Antworten
It would be possible without big 3d skills by "spliting" the Modell in two parts with under 64k polygons and use the driver modell for the second part. It's a bit tricky but not imposible, there are a few cars which were converted to wr2 with the same technique.
[Bild: volvo480_1zoa5.png]
Volvo for live...
Antworten
(24.03.2016, 16:03)volvo480 schrieb: It would be possible without big 3d skills by "spliting" the Modell in two parts with under 64k polygons and use the driver modell for the second part. It's a bit tricky but not imposible, there are a few cars which were converted to wr2 with the same technique.

This is the best advice for someone who's just starting, isn't it?
Starting with splitted high poly cars is indeed the best way to learn how to make cars for WR2.
Antworten
This is impossible because I have no 3d skills at all, next time I better search for low poly models.
Antworten
(24.03.2016, 16:09)Automotive Gaming schrieb:
(24.03.2016, 16:03)volvo480 schrieb: It would be possible without big 3d skills by "spliting" the Modell in two parts with under 64k polygons and use the driver modell for the second part. It's a bit tricky but not imposible, there are a few cars which were converted to wr2 with the same technique.

This is the best advice for someone who's just starting, isn't it?
Starting with splitted high poly cars is indeed the best way to learn how to make cars for WR2.

Sorry but i dont think the best way to learn 3d modelling is to reduce the polys of an extrem high poly 3d modell. Could be even more easier to modell it from scratch then halve the polys. And where is the problem in splitting the modell? Of course it's not the best idea to cut for example the body or other connected parts but if you seperate for example the interior from the rest of the car it should work without big troubles. It's not the way i would prefer(d) but sometimes it's the only way which will work at the end. Wink

And yes it is a good idea to search for modells with less polys. Makes the work much more easier and often the modells even "fits" better in the old wr2 and looks good as well.
[Bild: volvo480_1zoa5.png]
Volvo for live...
Antworten
(24.03.2016, 16:24)Wolf schrieb: This is impossible because I have no 3d skills at all, next time I better search for low poly models.

Yes, I totally recommend to try with lowpoly models first.

(24.03.2016, 18:40)volvo480 schrieb: Could be even more easier to modell it from scratch

Easier to model a car from scratch than unifying polygons and (if ever needed) tracing new edges on an already existing model? I seriously doubt that, but it's your own opinion. Wink
Antworten
I really want to have this car in wr2, but my 3d skills are limited.
Can someone convert it and share it here?
Antworten

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  [WR2|CONV|REL] Mercedes S65 AMG W221 vex9090 9 6.431 27.03.2013, 00:10
Letzter Beitrag: MrSpeedking13
  [WR2][CONV][WIP] Mercedes S65 AMG W221 vex9090 6 4.329 26.03.2013, 09:33
Letzter Beitrag: flatron525
  [WR2][CONV][WIP] Mercedes-Benz C-Klasse Facelift (Pack) '97 W202 Carfan 42 30.784 18.10.2012, 14:04
Letzter Beitrag: Danny 007

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste