Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
WR2 major problems, searched cant figure it out.
Hi, everyone, I finally found a copy of WR2 on amazon.com and since it has arrived I have had nothing but failure and heartbreak. First I find out theres no cockpit views... major issue for me. Second I have that starforce driver issue.

So finally I have fixed almost everything and the game works fine the graphics are good, but I have 2 issues.

I downloaded some cars with cockpits (Tomwins E92 M3, CLK 63 BS) and i confirmed it by looking in the autos folder and saw the cpit folder. I have Kroms WR2 manager and the cars show up fine. but there is no way to get to the cockpit view. In MBWR you just hit esc and then go to the camera and change it to cockpit. However there is no COCKPIT option under cameras. What am I missing here.

#2 I think that my cockpit problem has to do with me not having v1.3.3 as I have US version DVD 1.1.1ALL. When I try to launch the file WR2update_111_133.exe the installer quits and tells me error 1642. Windows Installer service can not perform upgrade. The program being upgraded may be missing or the update may upgrade a different version of the program. I got a version of the patch from the playlogic US sit then i got another one from this site. They both give me that error.

I'm about to give up, can anyone help?

I was really looking forward to cockpit views.
Antworten
hi
did you paste the car in addons/autos folder?
if you want to change the view you have to press "c"

bye

flow
Antworten
Hello and welcome here!

According the patch issue try to download the latest update for the Windows Installer. This might help to get the patch installed.
And a question. You say, you have the US version of WR2, what does that mean? Do you have to activate it? if yes, I'm not sure about patches and updated and how they work.

Bis denne, Han Solo
Driving is life, I live to Drive!
[Bild: hankmoody_signatur.jpg]
Kein Support per PN oder E-Mail! | No support per PM or E-Mail!
Antworten
ha ha ha, yep c did it! Awesome cars.

the update isnt important. thanks.

Now im having an issue with game saving. It keeps telling me save operaition failed. So everytime i try to load my profile there is no progress. Not sure what gives.

Thanks for your help.
Antworten
Are you logged in as an admin? WR2 needs that to save profiles or screenshots.
[Bild: v3xesf8o.jpg]--[Bild: 3oniugzz.jpg]
flickr | facebook | YouTube | ►ιι | twitter | meine Mods
Denn da im Süden von der Elbe - da sind die Leute nicht das selbe...

Antworten
lambo is right in the meaning you have to be logged in with an account with administrator rights. It's not neccessary to use the "Administrator" account directly. Smile

Bis denne, Han Solo
Antworten
Until now I haven't really understood the difference Big Grin
But that doesn't matter Wink
[Bild: v3xesf8o.jpg]--[Bild: 3oniugzz.jpg]
flickr | facebook | YouTube | ►ιι | twitter | meine Mods
Denn da im Süden von der Elbe - da sind die Leute nicht das selbe...

Antworten
Very simple:
There is a predefined user account called "Administrator". That's the "real" administrator account. And beside this you can define rights for every additional user account. They can have normal user rights (restricted rights) and they can inherit rights from the Administrator, which means they have administrator right. But even those inherited rights do not reflect an administrator account, they are still limited but with more rights than a standard user.

Bis denne, Han Solo
Antworten

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Server problems 1!! groaperomania 1 2.418 02.09.2012, 19:35
Letzter Beitrag: Han Solo
  [WR2|FAQ] Häufige Probleme | Common Problems tobibrec 16 20.647 14.05.2011, 18:27
Letzter Beitrag: FraG
  Problems with startup sssssssss 6 3.810 13.08.2010, 19:12
Letzter Beitrag: lsddoors93
  More problems, can't save even as admin. aniiran 1 1.637 16.04.2009, 11:17
Letzter Beitrag: Han Solo

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste