Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Edit Car
Hi
I'm wondering if there's an easier way to modify the .car file, by which I mean is there an option of a preview, because, I am having some problems on figuring out the correct values for the cockpit camera, driver head position and all instruments in general(tacho, speedo and drivewheel). I really am shooting in the dark hoping to land on the correct values by luck and it's really annoying when I need to reload the game every single time to test the changes. Is there a tool or an option in WR_EditCar to test the values without me loading the game from scratch ?

Thanks
Antworten
Open the MTKit and make some "Lights".
Then just copy the coordinates. But in EditCar the decimal places have a slight difference.

In MTKit its for example written like this: 0.517
And in the EditCar Tool it is like this: 517

I hope you understand what I want to tell you.

Greets,

Marcus
Antworten
(07.05.2012, 22:46)Danny 007 schrieb: Open the MTKit and make some "Lights".
Then just copy the coordinates. But in EditCar the decimal places have a slight difference.

In MTKit its for example written like this: 0.517
And in the EditCar Tool it is like this: 517

I hope you understand what I want to tell you.

Greets,

Marcus

Great, thanks for the tip

Antworten
(07.05.2012, 22:24)conspx schrieb: Is there a tool or an option in WR_EditCar to test the values without me loading the game from scratch ?

No.

The reason is quite easy:
When you start the game with WR2-Manager, it analyzes your WR2 installation, collects all the addons (cars, rims, sceneries).
Then it writes down the information into "...\Frontend\wr2.ds", the "database" of the game and starts WR2.exe.

If now you make changes to any editcar.car, WR2 won't know it, and WR2-manager won't run while WR2 is running. Even if it would, the game already did read out the WR2.ds amd won't do it again.

The only way to check the settings is to start the game again and again and again.

I work with Lightwave.
When, for example, I try to find out the wheels' position, I look up the z-values of one single point in the middle of the axle of the car model and adjust the value before my first check in WR2.
Same with driver head.

If you're not used to 3d software, you should stick to the advice of Danny007 and find out the position
with the "light trick", a bit more work, but same result Smile

Different thing with the 3d model:

All the changes you make to the 3d model apply immediately, everytime you reload the model in the menu. You can do it like this:

Start WR2, go to car selection menu, select your car
Switch to Desktop, (Alt+Tab)
use 3d or graphic software to change 3d or tex, MTKit for new mox/mtl, ptxtool for tex,
switch back to WR2
change car to different one and back to actual one, (arrow keys)
see your changes.
Zwei Dinge sind unendlich: das All und die menschliche Dummheit.
Beim All bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. (Albert Einstein)
Antworten

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  What program to edit model car marcoss18 5 3.377 07.02.2012, 21:20
Letzter Beitrag: Racekid
  Edit Car - Grip ? uloszaminje 5 3.436 23.01.2012, 22:40
Letzter Beitrag: TheGU
  How to edit .ptx file modder4life 15 7.898 21.07.2011, 13:52
Letzter Beitrag: modder4life
  Edit Car Fragen Moritz.! 14 8.189 12.06.2011, 21:47
Letzter Beitrag: Moritz.!
  edit car subaru impreza 2009 sam2506 6 3.054 17.05.2010, 18:48